Cluster shutdown in a power outage...

dixie2000

May 16, 2023
Well I have spent a couple of hours researching and can't seem to find a clear and concise answer to this question.

I have a 2 node cluster and a Qdevice. In the event of a power outage (which happens somewhat frequently) I need the steps to get the 2 nodes shut down quickly and without problems. I have a UPS that will keep things going for about 15 minutes after which it will attempt to power.off the two nodes

Thoughts and suggestions?

Thanks...

Don't know your UPS hardware & setup. But in principle you could setup a NUT server on the PVE node that is monitoring the data output of the UPS, & then setup another NUT client on the other node. When the NUT server detects a critical power situation it will transmit a shutdown command to all NUT clients.

You can find info on the general web & on this forum about NUT.

Reactions: Kingneutron

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!