Cluster reboot after adding new node

PaNggNaP

Jun 27, 2024
Hi Folks,

Today I have added 5 new nodes to the existing cluster and found out the disk raid configuration on one of my servers have a problem and then I reconfigure the raid on that server.
After 1 hour after adding a new node, my whole cluster got rebooted and all the VMs inside rebooted as well.

Proxmox version: 6.4-15

Can you guys have any idea why the whole cluster got rebooted after adding new node?

Is it the common issue for Proxmox?

Hi @PaNggNaP without any logs is hard to help. Usually when nodes reboot its because you have problems with corosync, because of having high latency on the link -> which can lead to whole cluster reboots. Please send:

root@PMX8:~# journalctl -u corosync.service because you are using pve6 (please update, its EOL!) you might need to check it with a different command or by looking at cat /var/log/syslog | grep corosync

Please also post:
  • /etc/pve/corosync.conf
  • /etc/network/interfaces

Hi @PaNggNaP without any logs is hard to help. Usually when nodes reboot its because you have problems with corosync, because of having high latency on the link -> which can lead to whole cluster reboots. Please send:

root@PMX8:~# journalctl -u corosync.service because you are using pve6 (please update, its EOL!) you might need to check it with a different command or by looking at cat /var/log/syslog | grep corosync

Please also post:
  • /etc/pve/corosync.conf
  • /etc/network/interfaces

Hi @jsterr thank you for your suggestion.

The log output files are attached.

Could you please check and advise what could be the possible cause triggering cluster reboot?

Appreciate your help!!

Attachments

• corosync_conf.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 1
  • network_interface.txt
    5.2 KB · Views: 0
  • syslog.txt
    743.6 KB · Views: 2

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!