Cluster Node on 127.0.0.1

KlaasT

Oct 17, 2012
Hi,I've got a very strange problem. I wanted to install a Proxmox VE Cluster however I can't get a quorum. When I do a pvecm status it tells me the following:Multicast addresses: 239.192.39.84 Node addresses: 127.0.0.1Shouldn't the node address be the real IP address of the node?On my vmbr0 interface I've got an IPv4 and an IPv6 address configured.Did anyone else have such a problem or does anyone know what is happening here?I actually don't need the HA feature. My wish is only to be able to move virtual machines to another node if I need it to.Thanks.

Hi,sorry for the late reply. I sadly can't access the forum from work.I checked the host file, the resolv.conf for any searchdomains and it should actually be fine:IP host-A.mydomain host-A.mydomain pvelocalhostIn addition to that I've added the hostname into my DNS.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!