Cluster Join Information has wrong IP address

DerfM

Jul 1, 2024
Single node, starting up a cluster. The node does have multiple NICs one of which is on the 10. network and the other 4 on the 192 network:
1723383962442.png

Cluster Join Information:
1723383860646.png

I'd prefer it be using the 192 network. The 10. network was the first network added to the host.

/etc/hosts:
1723384129578.png

Corosync.conf:
1723384229538.png

Do I just need to change the hosts file to reflect the 192 address?

Last edited:
It's using the IP that the hostname of the node resolve to (iow the IP from the hosts file). You can change that, but make sure to do it on all nodes and restart the node aftewards. The IP is just used for the initial 'handshake' on clustering, so not that important. You can configure corosync to use the 192.x.x.x network anyway.

I can also see you have 4 NICs enslaved on vmbr1. Are you sure you want to do this? Usually if you want to use multiple ports as a singular interface you would create a bond [1].

[1] https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#sysadmin_network_bond

It's using the IP that the hostname of the node resolve to (iow the IP from the hosts file). You can change that, but make sure to do it on all nodes and restart the node aftewards. The IP is just used for the initial 'handshake' on clustering, so not that important. You can configure corosync to use the 192.x.x.x network anyway.

I can also see you have 4 NICs enslaved on vmbr1. Are you sure you want to do this? Usually if you want to use multiple ports as a singular interface you would create a bond [1].

[1] https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#sysadmin_network_bond
Thanks. I'll give it a go before my next restart. It's just single node right now. It appears corosync is already set up for the 192 network in the conf. Yeah, I'll change the network config. I needed a second NIC but the only one I had on hand was a 4 port so I just threw it in there.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!