Cluster File Sync

AsankaG

Jul 17, 2018
Hi All,

Just wanted to know what files are being synced across cluster.

I have two file under /etc/pmg/templates/ named filename and filename.db (postfix db file) with 0600 file permissions. The file without the extension gets synced across but the file with the extension does not sync across.

Is there a way to sync this file as well or if there's a way to get postmap to run against this file after a sync?

Appreciate the help.

Kind Regards,

I have two file under /etc/pmg/templates/ named filename and filename.db (postfix db file) with 0600 file permissions. The file without the extension gets synced across but the file with the extension does not sync across.
yes - it is excluded in the code:
https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pmg-api....7d7e1ec524a27c844c110f05391c8b50;hb=HEAD#l425

Is there a way to sync this file as well or if there's a way to get postmap to run against this file after a sync?
not with PMG's cluster sync mechanism

What did you put in this file - what do you need it for?
(Maybe there's a better solution to the special case)

I hope this helps!

Hi Stoiko,

Thanks for the update. I assumed this maybe the case. I am using an upstream relay which uses SMTP-AUTH. I'm doing the following to get this working. I tried doing this inside /etc/pmg/templates/ so that I only needed to change settings only on one place :)

Code:
#create password file
nano /etc/postfix/realy_pwd
smtp.server.tld:587 username:password

#Copy & edit main.cf template
nano /etc/pmg/templates/main.cf.in

relayhost = smtp.server.tld:587
smtp_use_tls = yes
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/realy_pwd
smtp_sasl_security_options =

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!