Changing /dev/shm size for OpenVZ container

Adapt the container's /etc/fstab add (example: increased to 384 MByte):

Code:
none  /run/shm  tmpfs  defaults,size=384m  0  0

Hi,

I needed to do this also, but my fstab entry is being ignored?

What exactly do you mean? Should work in containers (not only OpenVZ, which is outdated in the meantime, also in LXC). Give more details!

Richard, just revisiting this.

I've tried editing my fstab but it doesn't have any impact. I tried some other guides to change the LXC containers configuration but that also didn't work.

I'm trying to make it large, say 8GB or more, i am running Ubuntu LXC container on Proxmox 4.4-12

@zm:~$ df -h /dev/shm/
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
tmpfs 3.9G 3.0G 922M 77% /dev/shm
@zm:~$ cat /etc/fstab
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults,size=8g 0 0

Last edited:
I've tried editing my fstab but it doesn't have any impact. I tried some other guides to change the LXC containers configuration but that also didn't work.

I'm trying to make it large, say 8GB or more, i am running Ubuntu LXC container on Proxmox 4.4-12

@zm:~$ df -h /dev/shm/
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
tmpfs 3.9G 3.0G 922M 77% /dev/shm
@zm:~$ cat /etc/fstab
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults,size=8g 0 0

You cannot change /dev/shm in ubuntu containers - above I mentioned /run/shm

If i change the size of /run/shm, and point my app to it (zoneminder), then it only uses the 4GB from /dev/shm, someone told me they are symlinked?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!