Changed network config in PVE and can't reach WUI

nhusein7

Jul 25, 2023
Hi All,

Very new to proxmox; I installed it this week and went from standard Linux to the OVS configuration. Initially, my configuration was OVS Bridge + OVS IntPort, and looking at my friend's config realized that OVS Int Port was not needed. Once I made the configuration change, I can no longer access the interface IP or GUI. PFsense is working. I'm not sure what I did wrong. Unfortunately, I did not take a screenshot of the /etc/network/interfaces before making the changes. Here's what it looks like after the config changes were made.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Attachments

• co-worker-config.png
    co-worker-config.png
    145.7 KB · Views: 4
  • initial config.png
    initial config.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 4
  • network now.jpg
    network now.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 4
I figured it out. It was IP'd on the wrong interface; it should have been on vmbr0. In my notes, I had this:

eno1(OVSport) - vmbr1 (OVS Bridge)
enp4s0(OVSport) - vmbr0 (OVS Bridge) - eth0 (OVS IntPort) 192.168.140.5

The mistake I made was IP'd it on vmbr1

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!