Changed IP on bridge; now Promox unavailable via web or SSH, although VMs running

gregwbrooks

Feb 4, 2021
I've got a problem I haven't run into before.

BACKGROUND/SETUP: Proxmox VE running three VMs, each with public-facing web/mail services and static, public IPs. I needed to move everything to a new IP block; all three VMs on the server were upgraded and seem to be doing their thing with no issues.

THE PROBLEM: Per the instructions here, I updated the IP of the bridge and rebooted. Now, although the VMs appear to be working I cannot get to the server via the old or new IP addresses using SSH or the :8006 web interface.

The host suggested IPMI but we're struggling with ancient firmware requiring ancient Java and not responding to keyboard input. Any other workarounds in the meantime? I should note that, on the IPMI console, Proxmox shows the old IP address above the IPMI login prompt.

Any help much appreciated! Thanks!

Hey,

make sure you also change /etc/hosts and (maybe) /etc/pve/corosync.conf . The instructions you've linked don't seem to mention those.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!