Change Password for PBS Datastore?

79corvette

Jun 20, 2023
I have a PBS server with a user "backup@pbs", and the credentials for that account are used by my PVE to connect and upload backups.

I need to change the password for that user, but once I do that all my backups will break obviously. Is there a way to update the credentials in PVE? Or do I just need to remove and re-add the datastore? I am not seeing an obvious way to change the credentials through the UI, and dont want to delete and re-add the datastore unless necessary. If I do delete and re-add, will there be any adverse consequences (file permissions for the backups getting messed up, etc)?

Selection_049.png

Last edited:
you should be able to set a new password on the cli with:

Code:
pvesm set ut-pbs --password

it will then ask the password and save it

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!