Change of CPU configuration and Proxmox web interface not working

vihuma

Jan 17, 2024
Hi,

I had Proxmox working on my server which uses 2 Xenon 4110 SkyLake 8-Core processors. I installed Proxmox and created three VMs using the default CPU configuration (which is no SkyLake) . After a year of using the server, I realized that I did not use the right configuration for the CPU which is appropriate for the SkyLake processor. I changed it in all the existing VMs to SkyLake Server but now I cannot access the VMs and after updating the distribution packages (using apt dist-update) and I cannot access the Proxmox web interface. Is there any way I can recover the web interface and the VM access without reinstalling Proxmox?

Thanks.

Thanks a lot.
I changed the name of the interfaces and that got me back the proxmox web access.

One of the VMs that has Ubuntu still has not access (neither ssh or desktop login). Any quick fix on that one?

Thank you again.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!