Change IP address

Richard-S

Jul 22, 2019
love the product , thank you

I build my box on a different network , installed on the correct network , changed the IP from the shell , but Proxmox is still showing the wrong address , if you are in front of the server , and is showing in my router also

How do I change it in Proxmox , was built on a .0.x network and now on a .1.x network both are showing on my router , I this this is giving me some problems , when I try and grab some templates

Thank you very much

changed the IP from the shell

How did you change it?

Normally you can change it over web-gui, Nodes -> Network, there edit the vmbr0 device, set it to the desired IP.
Then go to the "Hosts" Tab a bit below, and ensure the entry with the local nodename gets also changed:edit-hosts.png

And then reboot the host. While there are ways to change the IP live it's a little bit easier this way.

How did you change it?

Normally you can change it over web-gui, Nodes -> Network, there edit the vmbr0 device, set it to the desired IP.
Then go to the "Hosts" Tab a bit below, and ensure the entry with the local nodename gets also changed:View attachment 11046

And then reboot the host. While there are ways to change the IP live it's a little bit easier this way.

As per the wiki , had my daughter log in to the sever as root , and manually changes the address , but both address as still showing live , I will log into the box and see if I can change , the problem is I am 2+ hours away from the box

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!