Change hdd disk for ssd of the Proxmox operating system

dioskecho

Feb 8, 2023
Hello everyone.
I have a Cluster of 6 machines running, where one of them has a 1 Tb HDD as the main disk and 2 480 GB SSD disks for the virtual machines.
I have a Proxmox Backup Server that does the backup but only of the virtual images.
I want to replace the main 1 Tb HDD with a 480 GB SSD without having to do all the new Cluster and Cephfs configuration.
I was thinking of cloning the drive directly, but I don't know if there is a better option.
The ideal would be to make a backup of the configuration (which I don't know how to do) and when I install Proxmox on the new disk, raise that configuration so that everything works the same with the same certificates.

Thank you very much in advance, I speak Spanish and use the google translator.

Reactions: Jovian
translater works...I speak german and i use me as translater ;)

cloning is the best solution

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!