Change boot from xfs to zfs mirror

ksullivan86

Apr 2, 2024
I went from unraid bare metal and then realized I wanted to run proxmox. So I installed proxmox(pve1) with an unraid VM but after realizing my setup I want to change my single xfs boot to mirrored zfs boot(for redundancy).

I just picked up a few more nvme drives and I am wondering if there is a way of doing this without losing everything I have setup.

The server is part of a cluster (4 nodes) and I do have proxmox backup server but its using unraid as the storage and is running on the same server(pve1) I want to convert to mirrored zfs. Also unraid is using passthrough for usb boot and igpu.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!