ceph subvolume snapshot

cola16

Feb 2, 2024
I am using cephfs.
I am also using snap-schedule.

This time I am trying to use subvolume for erasure code.

But I don't see any scheduled snapshots
I tried creating cephfs with erasure code as the default pool and the snapshot works fine.

Probably snapshot is not possible on subvolume.
I want to know how to use snapshot for subvolume.

Last edited:
CephFS subvolumes are usually only used within Kubernetes. What is your usecase?
for erasure code.
In this documents, https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/cephfs/createfs/?highlight=fuse+support, 'To set an erasure-coded pool for the default data pool. Use of an EC pool for the default data pool is discouraged. '

I don't need performance at all, and I need a lot of capacity like video data.
I want to use erasure code for that purpose.

According to the link, there seems to be only performance issues related to inodes when I use default pool as erasure-code.
If snapshotting to a subvolume is officially not supported, I would make the erasure code pool the default pool.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!