CEPH - manual scheduling of scrub operations

np-prxmx

May 11, 2020
Hello,
I've CEPH Cluster, and from a week I'm seeing strange slow perfomance in heartbeat, with high latency.
So I'm evaluating to change the default scrub schedule. is somet hing that you suggest?
Do you need some tip about it?

Thanks in advance.

From WebUI, in Ceph -> OSD, you can enable noscrub and nodeepscrub flags so no scrub activity will be started. You can then monitor your latencies.

Every time I've seen latency spikes has been because of dying disk(s) or misbehaving OSD process that got solved restarting them one by one and waiting for status to be fully OK before restarting the next.

Hi Victor,

yes, thanks I will do. But, anyway, do you know how to modify the schedule? or better how to improve it?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!