Can't remove "Templates" from a storage

G

GomoX

Hey,

I just installed Proxmox 2.0 and I am doing some tests before rolling it out as a dev server. I did a Debian-based install which went just perfect, and everything is working as far as I can tell.

I originally set up a single 1.8TB LVM VG and took out 1.75 for /var in order to use it as storage for Proxmox. I left some space unassigned because I had read you need some extra space in your VG in order to do snapshot-based backups. I later noticed in order to do this you also need to backup into a separate LV, so I resized my /var LV and created a new 100G one that I mounted on /opt.

I then added /opt as a storage directory and set it to be used for templates and backups. I then tried to "unset" the "Templates" option from my "local" storage (aka /var/lib/vz). Although I can "save" in the "edit" dialog of the storage page, the "Templates" options is always there. I don't have this problem with the "Backups" options that I can unset just fine.

I checked and none of my existing VMs reference templates or ISOs in that storage. I even dropped all my VMs to be sure. The /etc/pve/storage.cfg doesn't list "backups" as an option, so something else is going on. Looks like a bug to me. See the attached screenshot for reference.

It's not really troubling but then whenever I create a VM I have to pick the storage for the templates instead of having it selected by default. This will be annoying when people ask me about it every 10 minutes :(

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    153.8 KB · Views: 10
This is the openvz default location to store templates, so this is always enabled to avoid problems with openvz.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!