Can't remove a LXC machine after badly thought out upgrade

Aug 6, 2019
I had some LXC containers running on my Proxmox server and wanted up upgrade the hard disk they were located on. I moved their storage to another hard disk on my server, shut down the server, replaced the disk with some 6Tb disks and powered everything back on. Created a new zpool with the new disks and moved the LXC storage back. Except I missed one container. The container itself isn't a problem because it served a simple function (in ran apt-cache-ng) so I just rebuilt it. But I can't get rid of the old one from the GUI. If I try and remove it I get

TASK ERROR: storage 'zfspool' does not exists

Which is correct, it doesn't. But I can't get past this "I can't delete it because it doesn't exist for me to delete it" impasse. So I tried deleting the files from the server but that hasn't removed the machine from the GUI.

Can anyone suggest how I can get rid of it? It's not breaking anything, it's just annoying.

Thanks

Steve

I had some LXC containers running on my Proxmox server and wanted up upgrade the hard disk they were located on. I moved their storage to another hard disk on my server, shut down the server, replaced the disk with some 6Tb disks and powered everything back on. Created a new zpool with the new disks and moved the LXC storage back. Except I missed one container. The container itself isn't a problem because it served a simple function (in ran apt-cache-ng) so I just rebuilt it. But I can't get rid of the old one from the GUI. If I try and remove it I get

TASK ERROR: storage 'zfspool' does not exists

Which is correct, it doesn't. But I can't get past this "I can't delete it because it doesn't exist for me to delete it" impasse. So I tried deleting the files from the server but that hasn't removed the machine from the GUI.

Can anyone suggest how I can get rid of it? It's not breaking anything, it's just annoying.

Thanks

Steve

What file did you try and delete?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!