[SOLVED] Can't login into GUI - ipcc_send_rec Error

kevinsah

Apr 9, 2020
Hi everyone!

I have a strange error.
I am not able to start or stop VMs. This error came from nowhere.
These strange errors happend from nowhere. I have no clue where it does come from, please help me!

Output from some commands:
qm start 112
root@proxmox-pve:~# qm start 112 ipcc_send_rec[1] failed: Connection refused ipcc_send_rec[2] failed: Connection refused ipcc_send_rec[3] failed: Connection refused Unable to load access control list: Connection refused

qm list
root@proxmox-pve:~# qm list ipcc_send_rec[1] failed: Connection refused ipcc_send_rec[2] failed: Connection refused ipcc_send_rec[3] failed: Connection refused Unable to load access control list: Connection refused

ls -l /etc/pve
root@proxmox-pve:~# ls -l /etc/pve
total 0

Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Kernel: Linux 5.0.15-1-pve

I can show more logs, if needed :)

Hi everyone!

I have a strange error.
I am not able to start or stop VMs. This error came from nowhere.
These strange errors happend from nowhere. I have no clue where it does come from, please help me!

Output from some commands:
qm start 112
root@proxmox-pve:~# qm start 112 ipcc_send_rec[1] failed: Connection refused ipcc_send_rec[2] failed: Connection refused ipcc_send_rec[3] failed: Connection refused Unable to load access control list: Connection refused

qm list
root@proxmox-pve:~# qm list ipcc_send_rec[1] failed: Connection refused ipcc_send_rec[2] failed: Connection refused ipcc_send_rec[3] failed: Connection refused Unable to load access control list: Connection refused

ls -l /etc/pve
root@proxmox-pve:~# ls -l /etc/pve
total 0

Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Kernel: Linux 5.0.15-1-pve

I can show more logs, if needed :)

Update: This error seems to have happend because I changed hostname (Via hostnamectl...)

Update: This error seems to have happend because I changed hostname (Via hostnamectl...)
yes - this can happen if you just change the hostname - usually, when you want to rename a host the following is necessary:
* change the name in '/etc/hostname' (that should proably happen with hostnamectl as well)
* change the entry in '/etc/hosts' (the hostname needs to resolve to an ip, which is configured on your machine
* test by running `ping $(uname -n)`

I usually also reboot the host afterwards to be sure that this will also work after the next upgrade but ymmv

after you've entered the correct entry in '/etc/hosts' you should restart pve-cluster.service (if you don't want to reboot)

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!