Can't get to the web gui on a second IP address

Jan 10, 2023
I am updating my network and have set up a number of new subnets, I will be removing the old network
once I have everything up and running.

I have two bridges on my VE host. One is the old interface and was the first interface created. the web gui works fine
on this interface.
I added a second connection (to my new switches) on a different subnet and I can ssh to the host from each of the
networks. The web gui works fine from the old network but from the new one the connection times out.

I tried putting
LISTEN_IP=0.0.0.0

in the file /etc/default/pveproxy and restarting pveproxy.service but no luck

I can't tell how Proxox figures which interfaces to listen for the web proxy.

On the working interface I do not have any VPN traffic but on the new one I do.

I did shift one of my VMs over to the new interface (and set the correct VLAN) and it had no
trouble getting to the outside internet.

Hello,

Can you post the network configuration cat /etc/network/interfaces in order to get more information about the network configs?

Here is the /etc/network/interfaces file
pwd@host-bra1:~$ cat /etc/network/interfaces # network interface settings; autogenerated # Please do NOT modify this file directly, unless you know what # you're doing. # # If you want to manage parts of the network configuration manually, # please utilize the 'source' or 'source-directory' directives to do # so. # PVE will preserve these directives, but will NOT read its network # configuration from sourced files, so do not attempt to move any of # the PVE managed interfaces into external files! auto lo iface lo inet loopback iface eno1 inet manual auto eno2 iface eno2 inet manual #Management Interface iface eno3 inet manual iface eno4 inet manual auto vmbr0 iface vmbr0 inet static address 10.0.71.201/24 bridge-ports eno1 bridge-stp off bridge-fd 0 auto vmbr1 iface vmbr1 inet static address 10.0.19.10/26 gateway 10.0.19.1 bridge-ports eno3 bridge-stp off bridge-fd 0 bridge-vlan-aware yes bridge-vids 2-4094 #All Vlans

I CAN get to the interface on 10.0.71.201 from a system on 10.0.71.0/24
I can NOT get to the interface on 10.0.19.10 from a system on 10.0.19.0/26

but on BOTH I can SSH (from the system directly on each subnet)

$ more /etc/hosts 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost 10.0.71.201 host-bra1.rh-sys.com host-bra1 # The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts ::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback fe00::0 ip6-localnet ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix ff02::1 ip6-allnodes ff02::2 ip6-allrouters ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

Hello,

Thank you for the output!

As far as I see, the network and hosts file are correct! Did you see if the vmbr1 is UP from the output of the `ip a` command? Is the firewall is enabled?

Lastly, I would check the traffic using tcpdump/Wireshark for the eno3 NIC, this might give you a hint about where the issue cause e.g.,:
Bash:
tcpdump --interface eno3

vmbr1 IS UP from the output of ip a. NOTE
I CAN ssh to the 10.0.19.10 address. without any problem so the interface is up, it is just that
the web UI is not listening on that address.

Also, I moved one of the VMs to an IP address on a VLAN that only appears on vmbr1 and it works like
a charm.

The networking looks good to me it is just the web interface not listening.

Hmm, does the port 8006 listen on *:8006? You can check using this command ss -lnt 'sport = :8006' or you can use nmap to scan 10.0.19.10 nmap -Pn 10.0.19.10 -p 8006.

Are you sure you use HTTPS instead of HTTP when you enter the URL in the browser?

Bash:
curl -k https://10.0.19.10:8006 -s  | grep title

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!