Can't figure out the free disk space

matthewc

Jul 2, 2024
Noob here in Proxmox, where can I see the free disk space that I can assign to VMs?
If I go to Datacenter and the name of the proxmox, it shows me 2.93 out of 93 Gigs, but I have a Raid 5 configured and I should have 1.73 tb.

I assume you have the raid5 configured in shell ... to add to proxmox go datacenter -> storage -> add -> "apply there what meets best" for you.

I assume you have the raid5 configured in shell ... to add to proxmox go datacenter -> storage -> add -> "apply there what meets best" for you.
Raid 5 is configured in the bios, at the proxmox installation it appeared as a single disk

You could apply the disk as "lvm or lvm-thin" or "dir" but it depends.
I would start with value "dir" as you ever later can remove this disk and define as other usage when advanced in proxmox usage.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!