can't compile Nvidia drivers

scarletdevil19

Aug 8, 2024
I have an old laptop where I installed proxmox to run sme apps in LXC containers, this laptop has a NVIDIA GeForce 310M so I thought about getting some acceleration out of it later which prompted me to try and install the linux drivers for it.

at first it could not find the kernel tree which made me realize I did not install the headers which was strange so I checked the guide well there was no step to install the headers but no matter thats a quick fix. now after installing that I reboot and tried installing the Nvidia drivers again.

now however ot dosen't want to compile the log says that there is some directory missing. and at this point I'm not sure what to do.

Reactions: fireon
Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!