Can't clone VM in cluster - migration during cloning

m3a2r1

Feb 23, 2020
I've got 3 nodes cluster. All of them have ZFS filesystem, vm is Windows 2012R2 with disk on local zfs.
VM is configured in HA and has replication to 2 other nodes. I'm starting with vm on node 1.
I've tried to clone that machine without shutting down, after few minutes vm migrates to node 2 and cloning is stopping with status "Error: unexpected status".
When I'm trying on node 2 - the same, it migrates back to node 1.
So I've shutted down vm and it's the same situation.
Can anybody tell me why vm is migrating even if it is shutted down??

Can you post the full task log of the migration?

Where I'll find that log? GUI doesn't show migration, it freezes when stopping cloning, then happens timeout to the gui and ssh (pings are still alive), after a minute it's live again and I can show unexpected error and vm moved to next node.

Edit: this timeout it's node restart , so moving vm to next node it's good behavior. But restart is not.

Last edited:
The Task log can be found either at the bottom of the GUI or if you go to <nove> -> Task history in the GUI and look for the migration task of that VM and double click it.

Oh okay, now that is a bit of a different situation if a node reboots.

Do you have HA enabled? Can you show the network configuration (/etc/network/interfaces) and the corosync config (/etc/pve/corosync.conf) in [code][/code] tags?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!