Can't boot proxmox installer

mstriebeck

Jul 4, 2021
Hi,

I am trying to install proxmox on my LG Gram 17 laptop. I downloaded the .iso, wrote it do a USB stick (using Rufus) but the laptop does not want to boot from it.

Things I tried:
  • Different USB storage devices (USB sticks, USB HDD) - neither works
  • UEFI or changing the boot order in the Bios - neither works
  • tried proxmox 6.4 and 7 (beta) - neither works
  • I put the ubuntu installer or microsoft installation media on the USB devices - then the laptop boots from them
I checked if the bootable flag is set on the partition - it is.

Any other ideas or any idea how to debug this?

Thanks
Mark

Last edited:
did you disable secure boot ?

Hi,

I am trying to install proxmox on my LG Gram 17 laptop. I downloaded the .iso, wrote it do a USB stick (using Rufus) but the laptop does not want to boot from it.

Things I tried:
  • Different USB storage devices (USB sticks, USB HDD) - neither works
  • UEFI or changing the boot order in the Bios - neither works
  • tried proxmox 6.4 and 7 (beta) - neither works
  • I put the ubuntu installer or microsoft installation media on the USB devices - then the laptop boots from them
I checked if the bootable flag is set on the partition - it is.

Any other ideas or any idea how to debug this?

Thanks
Mark
I have a LG Gram 17 and I just now install Proxmox with a sd.

You must hold down F10 when LG logo pops up.

I downloaded Proxmox VE 7.0 ISO Installer and then I used balenaEtcher to install the image on my SD card/or (usb drive ) this is what i had at the time, so i can install proxmox on a usb ssd drive. ( I did first install on usb drive but then i found out that i had to use my nvme drive for the target and i didn't want that at this time. So that is why I used the SD card to load the image in boot and then used the usb drive for the main install target drive)

in the install it showed me my nvme drives and the usb that i wanted to install proxmox on to, so I selected my usb drive. It in stall great. I just can't not connect my internet.

I tried using my type-c connect to NIC but nothing right now, and in the install i saw something say Wi-Fi, but i don't know how to get that to work right now in the cmd line. I will look into this.

Unless the staff will want to help with the command to get the wifi setup or drivers for the type-c to NIC working for internet?

I hope this helps some.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!