Can't access web gui!

xxmegaexx

Aug 7, 2024
Hello, I just got a new router and now I can't access my web gui for my proxmox server :/

I'm new to linux so a little guide would be helpful :)

Did you check that your old and new router were using the same IP-range?
If you look on the screen of your proxmox, it should show the IP, probably something like 192.168.1.22
If you go to your PC and check your IP, if the first 3 numbers (192.168.1.X) are the same, it should work, if not, probably the easiest method would be to change your router to be that range and then restart your PC afterwards.

It of course also can be done on proxmox (to have proxmox match the new range of the router), but a bit more tricky for someone (very) new to Linux.

Did you check that your old and new router were using the same IP-range?
If you look on the screen of your proxmox, it should show the IP, probably something like 192.168.1.22
If you go to your PC and check your IP, if the first 3 numbers (192.168.1.X) are the same, it should work, if not, probably the easiest method would be to change your router to be that range and then restart your PC afterwards.

It of course also can be done on proxmox (to have proxmox match the new range of the router), but a bit more tricky for someone (very) new to Linux.
They have the same range (192.168.0.x)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!