Can't access to Proxmox dashboard after removing M2 disk

bravo0916

Jan 29, 2024
Hello Team,

My motherboard is z390 (Asrock) and there are 2 M.2 slots and I installed 2 of them. Also, there are 2 NIC (Intel) and configured as Linux bridge.
It worked good, but I can not access to Proxmox dashboard after removing one of M.2 drives. I want to be enabled SATA SSD and I need to remove one of M.2 to be able to SSD ports. However, I can access to Proxmox dashboard if I install M.2 again. I am not sure if there is something network configuration exist in this M.2 disk??
But I installed Proxmox itself in the other SSD disk drive.

Thanks for your help!!

Hi esi_y,

Yes, it is https://xxxx:8006. I can not ping to Proxmox and ssh neigher. I can login via console (physical machine). The system itself does not get stuck. But I can not see the network device which is belong to port 8006. I mean, access URL like https://xxxx:8006.

The journalctl said that VMdata2 is missing or umounted. The VMdata2 was removed and it was one of M.2 disk. However, one of the NIC is missing.
It existed when M.2 was installed. The device name was enp5s0, but this has been missing after removing M.2 disk. However, enp5s0 is back online when M.2 is installed again.

Hi esi_y,

I fixed at my end finally. I removed vmbr1 and tried to recreated and enable NIC again. Finally, it works.
Sorry to bother you, but I really appreciate for your quick response.

Regards,

Reactions: esi_y

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!