Cannot deploy Adguard

Spodster

Nov 5, 2023
I have proxmox 8.2 all updated etc and trying to deploy Adguard via the scripted link available here.
It errors out and I'm not sure why...

From the proxmox console I see this
Code:
Using Default Settings
Using Distribution: debian
Using debian Version: 12
Using Container Type: 1
Using Root Password: Automatic Login
Using Container ID: 101
Using Hostname: adguard
Using Disk Size: 2GB
Allocated Cores 1
Allocated Ram 512
Using Bridge: vmbr0
Using Static IP Address: dhcp
Using Gateway IP Address: Default
Using Apt-Cacher IP Address: Default
Disable IPv6: No
Using Interface MTU Size: Default
Using DNS Search Domain: Host
Using DNS Server Address: Host
Using MAC Address: Default
Using VLAN Tag: Default
Enable Root SSH Access: No
Enable Verbose Mode: No
Creating a Adguard LXC using the above default settings
 ✓ Using qNap for Template Storage.
 ✓ Using vm_data for Container Storage.
 ✓ Updated LXC Template List
 ✓ Downloaded LXC Template
 /unable to create CT 101 - command 'lxc-usernsexec -m u:0:100000:65536 -m g:0:100000:65536 -- tar xpf - --zstd --totals --one-file-system -p --sparse --numeric-owner --acls --xattrs '--xattrs-include=user.*' '--xattrs-include=security.capability' '--warning=no-file-ignored' '--warning=no-xattr-write' -C /var/lib/lxc/101/rootfs --skip-old-files --anchored --exclude './dev/*'' failed: exit code 2
bash: line 182: exit: A problem occured while trying to create container.: numeric argument required
 /ot@proxmox:~#

From the task list at the bottom of proxmox I see this
Code:
Logical volume "vm-101-disk-0" created.
Creating filesystem with 524288 4k blocks and 131072 inodes
Filesystem UUID: c5a4e90c-4fb8-41ef-885c-188c14fa6969
Superblock backups stored on blocks:
    32768, 98304, 163840, 229376, 294912
extracting archive '/mnt/pve/qNap/template/cache/debian-12-standard_12.2-1_amd64.tar.zst'
/*stdin*\ : Decoding error (36) : Data corruption detected
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
  Logical volume "vm-101-disk-0" successfully removed.

TASK ERROR: unable to create CT 101 - command 'lxc-usernsexec -m u:0:100000:65536 -m g:0:100000:65536 -- tar xpf - --zstd --totals --one-file-system -p --sparse --numeric-owner --acls --xattrs '--xattrs-include=user.*' '--xattrs-include=security.capability' '--warning=no-file-ignored' '--warning=no-xattr-write' -C /var/lib/lxc/101/rootfs --skip-old-files --anchored --exclude './dev/*'' failed: exit code 2

I've gone to the qnap storage and removed the CT template it refers to, re run and same issue.

Any ideas?
I seem to be in a circle between the script, Adguard and Proxmox for support getting nowhere.

Don't worry got it working....

I removed the template, then manually downloaded it via Proxmox off the list.
Ran the script again and it used the one I downloaded manually and installed fine.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!