Cannot connect to Proxmox via browser

richdoesnetworks

Sep 4, 2024
Hello -- Newbie here. Networks are my thing - servers and vms, not so much. I'm setting up a HPE ML110 Gen 11 server. Have Proxmox VE installed. Now I'm on the login screen and at the top it says "Please use your web browser to configure this server - connect to: https://10.0.0.171:8006/" That is the IP address I assigned it in the setup process. When I put the IP address into my PC browser that is on the same network/subnet, I get "This site can't be reached 10.0.0.171 refused to connect". I can successfully ping the IP address from other clients on the network.

Attached is a photo of the following: ip r, ip a.

Thanks for your assistance.

Attachments

• IMG_7844lowerres.jpg
    IMG_7844lowerres.jpg
    912 KB · Views: 6
/etc/hosts is a file, not a program ;)
run cat /etc/hosts or nano /etc/hosts to see/edit the hosts file to make sure your local IP is correct.

Also other than that:
Can you, from proxmox, ping your router, PC and/or 8.8.8.8?
Can you, from your PC, ping proxmox?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!