Cannot clear No Valid Subscription prompt after logging into GUI

neilsonwheels

Jul 2, 2023
About two weeks ago, I've been effected with this problem. I can resolve it by removing the following part of the URL:
Code:
#v1:0:18:4:::::::

I'm running PVE 8.13 in a cluster of 4 hosts. My browser is Firefox running on Debian 12.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm running PVE 8.13 in a cluster of 4 hosts.
As far as I know, the latest version of Proxmox VE is 8.1-4.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Yes, such a message is normal without a (activated) support subscription.

There are several threads on this forum: all features of Proxmox are free (as in speak and as in beer) to enjoy but you'll need a support subscription to remove those messages.

That's not how to disable that message.

There's a system file you need to edit in order to disable the message. If you ever plan on buying a license, you'll need to revert this change.

I can post the info later if it's allowed on this forum. Otherwise, just buy a licence or deal with the prompt.

Last edited:
That's not how to disable that message.

You need to edit a .js file. Just have to remove one character from the file.

I'll get the info later, or just google it. Should be the first result from Reddit.

If you ever plan on buying a license, you'll need to revert this change.
Yes, you are free to change the code of Proxmox in any way you wish to (because of the AGPL3 license, except that you cannot call it Proxmox) but it is a bit rude to advertise to do this on the official Proxmox forum. Please respect the Proxmox developers and keep the message or buy a support subscription. You can use all feature of Proxmox VE for free anyway.

Yes, you are free to change the code of Proxmox in any way you wish to (because of the AGPL3 license, except that you cannot call it Proxmox) but it is a bit rude to advertise to do this on the official Proxmox forum. Please respect the Proxmox developers and keep the message or buy a support subscription. You can use all feature of Proxmox VE for free anyway.
My apologies, I should have made my OP clearer. The problem I'm facing is that when I click OK on the prompt, the prompt does not disappear and stays visible in my browser window. The only way I can clear the prompt is to edit the URL and remove the end part (#v1:0:18:4:::::::).

My apologies, I should have made my OP clearer. The problem I'm facing is that when I click OK on the prompt, the prompt does not disappear and stays visible in my browser window. The only way I can clear the prompt is to edit the URL and remove the end part (#v1:0:18:4:::::::).
I'm sorry for assuming the worse. Is this a fresh install or did you update or upgrade to a newer version? What changes did you make (two weeks ago)? What is the output of pveversion -v? Did you clear the browser cache and/or try another browser and what browser are you using?

Reactions: Kingneutron
I'm sorry for assuming the worse. Is this a fresh install or did you update or upgrade to a newer version? What changes did you make (two weeks ago)? What is the output of pveversion -v? Did you clear the browser cache and/or try another browser and what browser are you using?
The problem occurs in Firefox running on Debian 12 desktop. This is a new computer I set up a few weeks ago, hence the new problem.
Thanks for your suggestions, I've discovered a little more.
The problem does not occur on Microsoft Edge or on Firefox running on a Windows 11 machine.

Can you check the developer tools (F12) and see if there are any error messages in the console?

I've got the same problem with Chrome browser on Windows 11. Other browsers like Firefox or Brave work like a charm. Very interesting is, that i've got this problem only on one of three clusters. It came suddenly on V8.1.4. Now i've updated to 8.1.10, cleared browser cache and all local browser data but the problem is still there.

Do you see any errors in the developer console (*after* trying to close the window)?

Chrome browser on Windows 11
I have the same & don't experience the problem. Maybe try updating the browser by clicking the vertical 3 dots (right-hand corner), Help & then About.. Update as necessary, restart browser, clear cache & try again.

Very interesting is, that i've got this problem only on one of three clusters
Not sure if you mean on "1/3 nodes of cluster" or "1/3 clusters". Whatever the case, have you check/compared the PVE versions.

On a wild attempt/guess (since this happens immediately after GUI login) - do you have some sort of certificate importing going on - as per docs.

Last edited:
I'm still being affected by this issue.
I thought I'd resolved it by selecting 'remember user name' which seemed to work for a while, but the problem remains.
My hunch is that it is something to do with how the browser handles the end part of the URL that is added:
Code:

I'm still being affected by this issue.
I thought I'd resolved it by selecting 'remember user name' which seemed to work for a while, but the problem remains.
My hunch is that it is something to do with how the browser handles the end part of the URL that is added:
Code:
I have exactly the same error. Unfortunately it is not always reproducible. The next time it happens I will start Firefox without extensions.

I see this behavior (no-subscription-popup OK button not clickable), if I have the "Show auto-fill menu on form fields" under "Settings" -> "Auto-fill" in the Bitwarden browser extension (for Google Chrome) set to anything other than "Off" (or what it is named in English).
I can circumvent the non-confirmable popup by simply reloading the page. After the reload, the popup is "gone"(, but I am still logged in, of course).

PS.: I experienced other, even worse, misbehavior on other sites (not related to any Proxmox products) with this inline auto-fill menu from the Bitwarden browser extension...

[0] https://bitwarden.com/help/auto-fill-browser/#inline-auto-fill-menu

I see this behavior (no-subscription-popup OK button not clickable), if I have the "Show auto-fill menu on form fields" under "Settings" -> "Auto-fill" in the Bitwarden browser extension (for Google Chrome) set to anything other than "Off" (or what it is named in English).
I can circumvent the non-confirmable popup by simply reloading the page. After the reload, the popup is "gone"(, but I am still logged in, of course).

PS.: I experienced other, even worse, misbehavior on other sites (not related to any Proxmox products) with this inline auto-fill menu from the Bitwarden browser extension...

Thanks, setting the "Show auto-fill menu on form fields" to Off indeed fixed the problem for me!

Brilliant, thanks ever so much. I also use Bitwarden and that was the cause. I've disabled that setting now.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!