[SOLVED] Cannot access the GUI after back-up interupted

Mishta

Jun 17, 2024
Could you, please, assist with the situation described below?

The Proxmox VE is installed on two phisical Optiplex microcomputers and a Docker container on a Synology NAS.

The instance installed on on of the microcomputer got shut down while runing a back-up command on a VM.
After the restart the unit did not joined the Proxmox VE environment...

I do have access to the computer terminal and it responds to the ping from another computer.
Currently it is running:
proxmox-ve: 8.2.0 (running kernel: 6.8.4-3-pve)
pve-manager: 8.2.2 (running version: 8.2.2/9355359cd7afbae4)

Code:
systemctl status pveproxy

Code:
● pveproxy.service - PVE API Proxy Server

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pveproxy.service; enabled; preset: enabled)
     Active: active (running) since Mon 2024-06-14 08:34:21
    Process: 945 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/pvecm updatecerts --silent (code=exited, status=111)
    Process: 953 ExecStart=/usr/bin/pveproxy start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   Main PID: 955 (pveproxy)
      Tasks: 4 (limit: 18941)
     Memory: 148.7M
        CPU: 6.265s
     CGroup: /system.slice/pveproxy.service
             ├─ 955 pveproxy
             ├─1106 "pveproxy worker"
             ├─1107 "pveproxy worker"
             └─1108 "pveproxy worker"

Jun 17 08:37:28 proxmox-211 pveproxy[955]: starting 2 worker(s)
Jun 17 08:37:28 proxmox-211 pveproxy[955]: worker 1106 started
Jun 17 08:37:28 proxmox-211 pveproxy[955]: worker 1107 started
Jun 17 08:37:28 proxmox-211 pveproxy[1105]: worker exit
Jun 17 08:37:28 proxmox-211 pveproxy[1106]: /etc/pve/local/pve-ssl.key: failed to load local private key (key_file of key) at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/APIServer/AnyEvent.pm line 2025.
Jun 17 08:37:28 proxmox-211 pveproxy[1107]: /etc/pve/local/pve-ssl.key: failed to load local private key (key_file of key) at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/APIServer/AnyEvent.pm line 2025.
Jun 17 08:37:28 proxmox-211 pveproxy[955]: worker 1105 finished
Jun 17 08:37:28 proxmox-211 pveproxy[955]: starting 1 worker(s)
Jun 17 08:37:28 proxmox-211 pveproxy[955]: worker 1108 started
Jun 17 08:37:28 proxmox-211 pveproxy[1108]: /etc/pve/local/pve-ssl.key: failed to load local private key (key_file of key) at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/APIServer/AnyEvent.pm line 2025.

Thank you!

Hi,
what is the output of journalctl -b -u pve-cluster.service -u corosync.service and pvecm status? Anything interesting in the full boot log journalctl -b?

The reply to the first query, journalctl looks like this ...

1000097864.jpg

Regarding the pvecm status...
Code:
rootaproxmox-211:^# pvecm status
lpcc_send _rec[1] failed: Connection refused
lpcc_send_rec (2] failed: Connection refused
lpcc_send_rec (9) failed: Comnection refused
Unable to load access control list: Connection refused

Last edited:
There seems to be an issue with cluster communication/Corosync. Is the network okay? You can probably find more information in the system journal.

I believe you have an OS disk on that node that has no more space. This could be due to the failed backup that filled up the local disk space. This could then cause Corosysnc problems etc. Free up space on that node's OS to mitigate this issue.

Reactions: leesteken
I believe you have an OS disk on that node that has no more space. This could be due to the failed backup that filled up the local disk space. This could then cause Corosysnc problems etc. Free up space on that node's OS to mitigate this issue.
Thank you fo rthe reply and advice!

It is possible, to be this the issue...
I would gladly do it, but I do not know how...
All I have access to is the Terminal, with a monitor connected to the computer.

What can I do?

I have done no particular setup, just the default values.

No particular settings done.

OK. So the default location for Proxmox backups is /var/lib/vz/dump/

Check that directory with ls /var/lib/vz/dump/ & delete any surplus backups / erroneous backups.

I feel that I must point out that it is pretty unpractical/useless to make backups to the default local storage. OS disk goes - backups go.

I have deleted the latest back-up that was stores in the location you indicated.
Yu're right regarding keeping the back-ups on local.

Now the node is restared and got back in the cluster.

Thank you very much for the assistance and support! We can mark this [SOLVED]

Reactions: leesteken
I have deleted the latest back-up that was stores in the location you indicated.
Yu're right regarding keeping the back-ups on local.

Now the node is restared and got back in the cluster.

Thank you very much for the assistance and support! We can mark this [SOLVED]
Glad to hear. Only you can mark it Solved by editing the first post of this thread and selecting it from the pull-down menu.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!