can I make (Thunder) bolt start before proxmox attempts to mount drives via fstab on boot?

Glamorous2336

Sep 26, 2024
Hi all,

I'm very new to Proxmox and this might be a very basic question, but is there a way I can force bolt (the Thunderbolt service or daemon?) to start earlier in the boot sequence before proxmox attempts to mount the contents of fstab? It's causing my system to hang if I try to mount my TB disk via fstab on boot.

I'm very inexperienced with Proxmox, comfortable enough with linux but usually following tutorials so even though i've been using it for 20 years I'd say I'm really just a comfortable amature with it!

Edit: Once booted i can mount the drive fine either using mount or uncommenting it in fstab, running the systemctl update and then mount -a so the fstab syntax is correct otherwise

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!