Bypass spamassassin rule per domain.

xst

Aug 2, 2022
Hello,

One of our collaborators entered to the Raptor RBL and SpamAssassin applies this rule:
KAM_FROM_URIBL_PCCC 9 From address listed in PCCC WILD RBL (https://raptor.pccc.com/RBL)

Meanwhile our collaborator manages the de-listing process we need to find a quick solution to deliver their mails to our organization.

We know some options that we can apply but doesn't fit our needs:
1.- Add the domain to the white list. We discard this because we still want to apply other SA rules.
2.- Redefine the default score from KAM_FROM_URIBL_PCCC with a lower value using custom scores. We also discard this because it applies to the global config.

the solution we need would be to bypass the rule KAM_FROM_URIBL_PCCC for only one domain. It is possible?

Thanks

I haven't tried this in my own environment, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work :)

Create new What Object with Match Field
1720702980895.png

Create Who Object for a domain or email address
1720702986308.png

Create Mail Filter rule to accept emails from whitelised domain and also KAM_FROM_URIBL_PCCC value contains into X-SPAM-LEVEL
1720703007887.png

Hope this works :)

Last edited:
I haven't tried this in my own environment, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work :)

Create new What Object with Match Field
View attachment 71176

Create Who Object for a domain or email address
View attachment 71177

Create Mail Filter rule to accept emails from whitelised domain and also KAM_FROM_URIBL_PCCC value contains into X-SPAM-LEVEL
View attachment 71178

Hope this works :)

Hello ikrsdo,
I am trying your suggestion, but for some reason, it is not working for me. Anyway, thank you for giving me a hint on how to continue testing to find the solution :)

Reactions: ikrsdo
Maybe it is not the cleanest solution, but we finally found this quick fix using a meta rule in the SpamAssassin configuration:

Code:
header     LOCAL_FROM_COLLABORATOR From =~ /@example\.org/i
describe   LOCAL_FROM_COLLABORATOR Only for domain detection purposes to use in a meta rule.
score        LOCAL_FROM_COLLABORATOR -0.001

meta         LOCAL_COLLABORATOR_BYPASS_URIBL_PCCC ( LOCAL_FROM_COLLABORATOR && KAM_FROM_URIBL_PCCC )
describe   LOCAL_COLLABORATOR_BYPASS_URIBL_PCCC Bypass the RBL list with the inverted score.
score         LOCAL_COLLABORATOR_BYPASS_URIBL_PCCC -9

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!