Bridged Firewall / Nating with new Proxmox Firewall

Kalle Wisch

Feb 10, 2010
Hi to all Proxmox fans!

I want to migrate my iptables-persistent firewall to the new Proxmox firewall and I have several
problems.

I have 5 public IPs on the host with one NIC.
All with /32 network.
The Public_IP_1 is Proxmox host itself.
I have 5 VMs. One is nated behind Public_IP_1.
Nated_IP is 10.10.10.1.
Here are the nated rules:
*nat
:pREROUTING ACCEPT [1243:60803]
:pOSTROUTING ACCEPT [705:46567]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [668:44567]
-A PREROUTING -d Public_IP_1 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 2121 -j DNAT --to-destination 10.10.10.1:22
-A PREROUTING -d Public_IP_1 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination 10.10.10.1:80
-A PREROUTING -d Public_IP_1 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 443 -j DNAT --to-destination 10.10.10.1:443
-A PREROUTING -d Public_IP_1 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 8000 -j DNAT --to-destination 10.10.10.1:443
-A POSTROUTING -s 10.10.10.0/24 -o vmbr0 -j SNAT --to-source Public_IP_1
COMMIT
I can not see how to manage that with the Proxmox firewall.

Second problem is related to bridge firewalling.
To use iptables for that I enabled net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-iptables = 1.
For that I need the FORWARD table.
Here is an example:
*filter
:INPUT DROP [0:0]
:FORWARD DROP [0:0]
:OUTPUT DROP [0:0]
:LOGGING - [0:0]
-A FORWARD -p tcp -m physdev --physdev-in tap+ ! --syn -m state --state NEW -j DROP
-A FORWARD -p tcp -m physdev --physdev-in tap+ -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
-A FORWARD -p udp -m physdev --physdev-in tap+ -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
-A FORWARD -p icmp -m physdev --physdev-in tap+ -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
-A FORWARD -p tcp -m physdev --physdev-in eth0 -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
-A FORWARD -p udp -m physdev --physdev-in eth0 -m state --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
-A FORWARD -p icmp -m physdev --physdev-in eth0 -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
-A FORWARD -p icmp --icmp-type 0 -j ACCEPT
-A FORWARD -p icmp --icmp-type 8 -j ACCEPT
-A FORWARD -p tcp -d Public_IP_2 --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
-A FORWARD -p tcp -d Public_IP_2 --dport 443 -j ACCEPT
and so on.
In the Proxmox Firewall there is no FORWARD table.
Is this possible somehow?

Best regards

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!