Boot fail to load Proxmox

akamatch14

Aug 24, 2024
Hello everyone,

I have three nodes in a cluster and one of my nodes just shit on me yesterday. About 7 days ago I did the upgrade to pve8 and everything was running fine and now I cant get node 2 to boot. I have tried the Rescuse boot but it say it can not find drive. I do not know what else to do. Can anyone help?

Thank you,
Chris

cant get node 2 to boot. I have tried the Rescuse boot but it say it can not find drive.

Please provide some tangible output, e.g. screenshot (picture) or commands / messages received from the rescue. Describe the hardware setup, drive(s) and if it e.g. was ZFS on root install or other (e.g. LVM).

Did you have anything in your local node 2 /etc/fstab that's not mounting now? Drop to the recovery console and edit fstab nano /etc/fstab

Years ago I had trouble occasionally booting Proxmox when it would timeout on mounting the ZFS boot rpool. Sometimes you can just type exit and it works, sometimes you have to force mount rpool. zpool import -f -N rpool

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!