[SOLVED] Blocked Message Logs

utkonos

Apr 11, 2022
If the setting "Before Queue Filtering" is enabled, for at least some of the emails that are being blocked, the email data itself has been received. Is there a way to log the data from a blocked message that failed filtering? Or if it is already being logged, where would I look to find that logged data?

Please post the logs of such a message - it depends on when and why it was blocked whether PMG has seen the mail at all

but - if the rulesystem blocks the message - you could add a BCC action to the rule blocking the mail and send it to an e-mailaddress - then you have a copy of the mail

Aha. Thanks! That should work just fine. I assume that not all of them are even possible to get a copy of because the reject/block occurred before the DATA portion of the SMTP session even occurred. I will give this a try and see what happens.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!