Block emails To: Undisclosed Recipients

sarsenal

Renowned Member
Mar 5, 2016
The past week I have been seeing spam getting thru by using: To: Undisclosed Recipients

Is there a way to block this?

Thanks in advance!

could you please post the source of the mail, and the logs of the processing?

To: Undisclosed Recipients
There are quite a few mailclients that write this in the To header if a user only adds addresses as BCC - so keep in mind that you could get many false positives with this

We don't have any users that would use or need to use this feature. So I would rather just block it. If they need to use this kind of feature we could route that email thru a different system. I think they deleted the email already, so I never got the source. But this has now been 5 in the past week I have seen using this method to bypass filters.

Sent: Thursday, September 1, 2022 5:34 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: Check & confirm your order #YGFTE-jihut-IJKOY

the logs would also have been helpful ..

anyways if you want to match on the to header containing 'undisclosed-recipients' you can create a 'What Object' with a 'Match Field' entry - the filename is 'to' the value is 'undisclosed-recipients' - and then use this to quarantine or block the mail

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!