Best Practice for manage reference to NAS Share

pindaroli

Nov 23, 2023
Italy
Hi all,
I installed TrueNas as VM in proxmox, the NAS has several shares (CIFS/NFSI) usefull to Proxmox Host and/or to hosted VMs o lxc containers.

A simple way to access shares is to mount it in fstab of host,VMs,LXCs. But I am wondering if there is more efficient way to do this, better with gui commands.

Any Suggetsions/Experiences.

Thanks
Olindo

But I am wondering if there is more efficient way to do this, better with gui commands.
Do you mean "better than as with gui commands" ? In truenas you do nfs/cifs by gui. If you want to do it by shell just take a pve host as the debian below could do highly efficient (as there is no vm/lxc needed for) nfs exports and samba the smb shares but that's not done in the pve webgui as there you just get these nfs/smb shares into pve as storage space.

Do you mean "better than as with gui commands" ? In truenas you do nfs/cifs by gui. If you want to do it by shell just take a pve host as the debian below could do highly efficient (as there is no vm/lxc needed for) nfs exports and samba the smb shares but that's not done in the pve webgui as there you just get these nfs/smb shares into pve as storage space.
Please, datail "you just get these nfs/smb shares into pve as storage space."

Nfs and samba shares could be completely independent used on the debian under pve.
You could define it as storage space in datacenter or even not but you can config access from vm's or lxc's to that shares.
Again there are these nearly unlimited possibilities with a proxmox pve installation that are fascinating against other solutions.

Reactions: Kingneutron
Nfs and samba shares could be completely independent used on the debian under pve.
You could define it as storage space in datacenter or even not but you can config access from vm's or lxc's to that shares.
Again there are these nearly unlimited possibilities with a proxmox pve installation that are fascinating against other solutions.
I do im but when on LXC make trye to add MountPoint the Share Configured in DATACENTER NFSSHARE doesn´t appear. An other problem is that when i add do storage to DATACENTER is mandatory to specify "content" but there isnt any content matching multimedia data is impossible don´t specify nothing so I used "snippet". I understand tha there are multiple way but i want find easyer in past i mounted NFS through FSTAB.

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!