Best networking configuration with Unifi equipment & Linux Bonding?

ikus060

Nov 18, 2021
Hello,

I have 4 Proxmox Servers with dual 1 GiB interface. I would like to get the most stable behavior and I have some kind of fault tolerance.

I have a Unify Gateway Pro with 8 ports 1GB and a Unifi Switch 16 ports 1GB.

What would be the best configuration with these to make sure stuff are stable and I get maximum performance with my equipment ?

Here some of my questions:
1) Is it possible to use something like balance-alb ? or Link Aggregation ? Is it stable ?
2) Is it possible to plug one cable in Unify Gateway and another in the Switch. So in case the switch dies again it won't have an impact ?
3) I have a lot of traffic that goes in and out the UnifyGateway because I use VLAN for security reason between internal network and DMZ. I wonder if it would be better to have everything plugged in the UnifyGateway for that reason but then it's not possible to use Link Aggregation.

So you get the picture. What is your experience with Proxmox and Unifi.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!