Backups showing in PBS but not showing in PVE

halatovic

Aug 7, 2024
Hello everyone,

I have PVE server (v.8.0.4) using PBS storages on PBS1 server (v.3.0.2) and on PBS2 server (v.3.0.4). Backup jobs are configured and scheduled and are being stored to PBS2 while PBS1 is on different location and it syncs backups from PBS2. Everything regarding backups looks good and works fine. However, I am not able to get list of backups on PBS1 from PVE GUI or PVE CLI command pvesh get /nodes/localhost/storage/PBS1/content. I am able to get list of backups in PBS1 GUI.

Any ideas how to sort it out?

Best Regards

Haris

Hello everyone,

I have PVE server (v.8.0.4) using PBS storages on PBS1 server (v.3.0.2) and on PBS2 server (v.3.0.4). Backup jobs are configured and scheduled and are being stored to PBS2 while PBS1 is on different location and it syncs backups from PBS2. Everything regarding backups looks good and works fine. However, I am not able to get list of backups on PBS1 from PVE GUI or PVE CLI command pvesh get /nodes/localhost/storage/PBS1/content. I am able to get list of backups in PBS1 GUI.

Any ideas how to sort it out?

Best Regards

Haris
Hi,

did you setup the storage for PBS1 with a user/token which has the required permissions to get the contents? Also, do you use namespaces, maybe your storage is not connected to the correct backup namespace?

For more details of the required permissions, see https://pbs.proxmox.com/docs/user-management.html#access-control

Maybe you have multiple PBS connected...
When you look for backups on a vm, you have a dropdown selection menu in the top right corner to select the PBS you want.

Maybe you have multiple PBS connected...
When you look for backups on a vm, you have a dropdown selection menu in the top right corner to select the PBS you want.
Hello SkyZoThreaD, that is not case. I have selected correct PBS in selection menu. Thnx

Hi,

did you setup the storage for PBS1 with a user/token which has the required permissions to get the contents? Also, do you use namespaces, maybe your storage is not connected to the correct backup namespace?

For more details of the required permissions, see https://pbs.proxmox.com/docs/user-management.html#access-control
Hi Chris, I have double checked user definitions with proxmox-backup-manager acl list command and also I have checked content of /etc/proxmox-backup/acl.cfg files on both PBS servers and it looks good. I have checked content of /etc/pve/storage.cfg file on PVE server and it also looks good, definitions regarding users match to definitions on PBS servers. We do not use namespaces on PBS1 and PBS2.

However, I found little bit confusing that in PVE users token are not showing in GUI for either PBS servers but backups are showing for PBS2 but not showing for PBS1. Summary info is correctly shown for both storages:

PBS2 storage info on PVE:

1723644096753.png

1723644059956.png

1723643973637.png

PBS1 storage info on PVE:

1723643819274.png

1723643752444.png

1723643681300.png

Chris meant that the user (or token) you used to connect the "storage" PBS1 maybe does not have the permission to read the backups on PBS1.
In my case, in Datacenter -> Storage -> PBS1 -> edit :
1724156129228.png
The red_scribble@pbs is a user on the PBS realm.

And on the PBS, it has the role to read/write backups in datastore->yourdatastore->permissions :
1724156487318.png

Yes! that's it DatastoreBackup can backup only ;)
Maybe there is a middleground between Backup and Admin but i dont think this is That worrying.

You're welcome mate !

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!