Backups Fail with Connection Reset

spetrillo

Feb 15, 2024
Hello all,

I setup a PBS and began backing up my vms in two locations. The first location is a remote location and I am having no issues with this. The second location is local to the PBS and I seem to be having issues with these. I am getting the following error msgs:

ERROR: backup write data failed: command error: write_data upload error: pipelined request failed: connection reset
INFO: aborting backup job
INFO: stopping kvm after backup task
ERROR: Backup of VM 100 failed - backup write data failed: command error: write_data upload error: pipelined request failed: connection reset

I thought that maybe it was conflicting with the remote location backups, so I tried again just now and it failed again. In looking at the backup jobs on each of the PVE servers I noticed one difference. On the remote location server I am running LVM and using fleecing to local-lvm. On the local server I am running ZFS and using fleecing to local-zfs. The failed backup is doing something as its approximately 15 minutes from the start of the backup to the failure point.

Is there anything around fleecing with ZFS? Anyone know why I am getting this?

Thanks,
Steve

I turned off fleecing and tried a backup of one vm. It again failed at approximately 14 minutes. It begins to write and then looks like it does nothing more.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!