Backups do not work with many VMs

Jun 22, 2018
Hi,
I created a backup job with all the VMs (around 210) from my cluster and it doesn't work.
The GUI shows no error but cron is limited to 1000 characters and fire an error:
Code:
Jun 01 10:17:01 proxmox1 cron[2549]: (*system*vzdump) RELOAD (/etc/cron.d/vzdump)
Jun 01 10:17:01 proxmox1 cron[2549]: Error: command too long; while reading /etc/cron.d/vzdump
Jun 01 10:17:01 proxmox1 cron[2549]: (*system*vzdump) ERROR (Syntax error, this crontab file will be ignored)
I know I can split it in several backup jobs but the behavior of the GUI is buggy. I think it should not accept a backup job which cannot be converted to cron syntax, or do not use cron but systemd timer maybe.
The "Run now" button is ok, the backup job is started when I click on it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!