Backup removed Mountpoint data?

ReptoxX

Mar 8, 2020
Hello There,

i have a huge issue right now. I had to recover one of my vms with a backup from today, so no big deal.
But unfortunatly it seems to delete the mount points aswell but i can not recover them?

Please tell me, that this is not correct or smth like that.

I really hope some one of you can help me. I'm kinda freaked out right now..

Regards,
ReptoxX

EDIT:
I figured, that after i have restored the backup it changed it's drives..
Code:
arch: amd64
cores: 4
hostname: application
memory: 10240
mp0: Storage:subvol-102-disk-0,mp=/var/opt/gitlab/,size=32G
net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr1,firewall=1,gw=192.168.1.1,hwaddr=76:56:6B:9A:3B:DE,ip=192.168.1.102/24,type=veth
onboot: 1
ostype: ubuntu
rootfs: local:102/vm-102-disk-0.raw,size=32G
swap: 8192
unprivileged: 1
That was the configuration before the restore. rootfs is set to local:102/vm-102-disk-0.raw and after restore it is Storage:subvol-102-disk-0

So i am guessing right now, that i won't be able to restore any of its data... Because it even got overwritten.

Attachments

• configuration.png
    configuration.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 10
  • folder on host.png
    folder on host.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Okay, but isn't it a bug then?
Everything got deleted and the backup got placed on the wrong drive where the mount point was before. So no "local" anymore, but instead it got written to "Storage"?

Regards,
ReptoxX

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!