Backup of windows client.

I solved this problem by installing Linux and Proxmox Backup Client on a bootable flash drive. There are two or three obstacles, but it is doable if you dig a little. Inquire for specifics.

Just as an addition here:
Has anyone considered the OS native "linux subsystem for windows"?
It should be possible to add the proxmox sources to that and then install the client within the subsystem. Then use a planned task to start the bash with a backup script.

*EDIT: I just tried and it's possible to install it within the subsystem for linux. Backups also run flawlessly. I also opened some Word documents within that folder and all files were still readable. But maybe there's also another case where "opened files" fail, I don't know enough about word to know if it really keeps the file handle open.
This, right here, is definitely on my to-do list. ;)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!