1606287407197.png
step2 we download another pve server
1606287593682.png

step3 restore complete
1606287631906.png

you see we click this disk open this windows error
1606287660214.png
please give me guide. tks

i try test found this error issue is no same pve version .
template is pve 6.2.15 make and backend
later copy to another pve 6.1.x restore is happen this error same copy to pve5.4 same error.
now we try let pve 6.1.x upgrade to new version 6.2.15 all normal.

Backups can contain incompatible config options, thus we only support restoring to the same or newer versions. Compatibility the other way will always be preserved, i.e. you can always restore on a node newer than the one you made the backup on.

Update your nodes to the latest version and try the restore again.

If you really need this, and know what you're doing, go into the template's config /etc/pve/qemu-server/<vmid>.conf and replace the line starting with boot: order=xxx with boot: acdn.

Backups can contain incompatible config options, thus we only support restoring to the same or newer versions. Compatibility the other way will always be preserved, i.e. you can always restore on a node newer than the one you made the backup on.

Update your nodes to the latest version and try the restore again.

If you really need this, and know what you're doing, go into the template's config /etc/pve/qemu-server/<vmid>.conf and replace the line starting with boot: order=xxx with boot: acdn.
tks, we try centos all ok. just windows happen this. tks,

This has nothing to do with the guest OS used, just when you created the VM before converting it to a template. You can verify yourself by checking the VM configs for the new style boot: order=xxx (which will break on older versions) or the legacy variant without order=.

Reactions: haiwan

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!