Backup freeze after nfs server shutdown

eliotte

Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

I have a strang probleme. I try to stop a backup and it failed. In my log I see:

kernel: ct0 nfs: server 10.222.217.166 not responding, still trying

If I type ps aux | grep vzdump, I find the PID but if try, as root, kill PID# it doesn't work.

The result is: all the GUI is not responsive. I do not want to reboot, must be a way! All my CT and VM are running.

I'm running 3.2.

Ps: we have 2 separate node with subscription (basic one)!

I am afraid reboot might be the solution to this problem. Had this problem with NFS shares. If i recall right i never found the solution for it. Did you try to migrate all VM using command line then try to reboot?
# qm migrate <vm_id> <dest_node>

Hi,

I did a reboot... but each time I reboot, I need to do it manually, I mean physically. The reboot command never work. Anyway, everything is fine after the "reboot"

About your question, No I didn't try that. Next time!

did you try to issue
#umount -f -l <nfs share>?

I'm not sure it should work, just could, as it happened to solve other nfs issues (stale file handle lock)

Marco

I tried but without the -f option

On my dev machine, I will try to get the same state and test it with -f option.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!