Backup fails "unable to create temporary directory"

stiffler

Jul 21, 2023
Hello,

I have set two backup jobs in proxmox, for a long time now and they worked fine; the backup is being made on a NAS. However, it suddenly stopped working. I have not modified anything in proxmox, nor the NAS (no updates, no nothing):

1.JPG
i checked the "dump" folder and it is strange that it appears it has nobody and nogroup permissions; maybe it was like that since forever, i don't know, just checked it now while trying to tshoot. And no, i cannot manually create a folder inside "dump" due to lack of privileges.
2.jpg

The vzdump file looks like this (again, not touched, unmodified):
3.jpg

It is very strange how it worked for so many months and suddenly wothout any modification, a privileges problem appears.

Please, advice what can i tshoot next.

Thx

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!