backup connect failed: command error: backup owner check failed (pbslun1@pbs != pbslun0@pbs)

iprigger

Renowned Member
Sep 5, 2009
earth!
All,

I rebooted the PBS Server and now get this message:

INFO: starting new backup job: vzdump 90001 --mode snapshot --storage zz_pbslun1 --remove 0 --node pve01c01-am64c INFO: Starting Backup of VM 90001 (qemu) INFO: Backup started at 2021-09-19 18:12:55 INFO: status = running INFO: VM Name: pfcl-pri INFO: include disk 'virtio0' 'dsk_b:90001/vm-90001-disk-0.qcow2' 32G INFO: backup mode: snapshot INFO: ionice priority: 7 INFO: creating Proxmox Backup Server archive 'vm/90001/2021-09-19T16:12:55Z' ERROR: VM 90001 qmp command 'backup' failed - backup connect failed: command error: backup owner check failed (pbslun1@pbs != pbslun0@pbs) INFO: aborting backup job INFO: resuming VM again ERROR: Backup of VM 90001 failed - VM 90001 qmp command 'backup' failed - backup connect failed: command error: backup owner check failed (pbslun1@pbs != pbslun0@pbs) INFO: Failed at 2021-09-19 18:12:55 INFO: Backup job finished with errors TASK ERROR: job errors

Reason for the reboot was that I updated the iSCSI Storage system the pbs server connects to.

I did disable the PBS-Storages on Proxmox VE before shutting down the Proxmox Backup Server.

Any idea?

Tobias

backup owner check failed (pbslun1@pbs != pbslun0@pbs)
the error message says it clearly, the backup group belongs to one user, but the storage has another one configured...
did you connect multiple pve hosts/cluster to the same datastore (thats not really supported atm)?
also check that you did not change any configuration for the pbs (or used the wrong pbs config)

the error message says it clearly, the backup group belongs to one user, but the storage has another one configured...
did you connect multiple pve hosts/cluster to the same datastore (thats not really supported atm)?
also check that you did not change any configuration for the pbs (or used the wrong pbs config)
Hi,

Yes... thanks a lot. Out of an unknown reason LUN0 & LUN1 got exchanged (i.e. lun0 was mounted on lun1-mountpath and vice verca). fun enough it did somehow work for some backups - which is why I was puzzled.

Got it sorted (and forgot to tell here)

Tobias

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!