Assistance with nVidia GRID K2 raw passthrough not vGPU

sking1984

Nov 28, 2022
Hi there,

Not sure if this is correct as I am not sure how to map a device for proxmox but I did a raw passthrough of a PCI device, my nvidia graphics card in my PowerEdge R730.

Environment:
Proxmox 8.1
IOMMU enabled and confirmed (DMAR: IOMMU enabled)
SR-IOV enabled
VT-d enabled
X2APIC enabled
nVidia GK104GL [GRID K2] rev a1
Confirmed it is in its own IOMMU group
Could not verify that it supports OVMF UEFI, couldnt dump the rom, likely due to that shadow rom thing, but ill be honest I didnt want to get up, pull the unit out of my rack, open the PE, move the damn card (not even sure if I can in a PE) and then try to dump the rom and move it back.
I have blacklisted the driver for the host
Windows 10 guest

Anyway I got it to detect and install, as expected noVNC no worky, RDP to the guest and I right click update the driver, use windows update and it detects as GRID K2 and installs but says windows detected issues and disabled the device.

Error: Code 43

Thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited:
Oh for the love of.... nVidia "accidentally" detects its a VM and shuts down the card. Lovely. We paid for the damn card we should be able to use it anyway we want. HA! Anyway, moving along.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!