Applying custom scores kills all connections

anoniempje

Jun 10, 2020
Hi,

When making a change in de PMG/Spam detector settings such as adding a custom score for a spamassassin rule, as soon as you apply the new rules it will disconnect all connections what makes my mailbox flow over with mail errors,

bbf283aa12ff1a9b803f6ad65d44be66.png

Is it possible to make to config reload instead of breaking the current active connections?

Kind regards,

W.

Ps. The content of this mail holds this:

Code:
Transcript of session follows.

Out: 220 pmg01.*****REDACTED***** ESMTP *****REDACTED*****
In:  EHLO web00*****REDACTED*****
Out: 250-pmg01.*****REDACTED*****
Out: 250-PIPELINING
Out: 250-SIZE 104857600
Out: 250-VRFY
Out: 250-ETRN
Out: 250-STARTTLS
Out: 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
Out: 250-8BITMIME
Out: 250-DSN
Out: 250-SMTPUTF8
Out: 250 CHUNKING
In:  STARTTLS
Out: 220 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS
In:  EHLO web00*****REDACTED*****
Out: 250-pmg01.*****REDACTED*****
Out: 250-PIPELINING
Out: 250-SIZE 104857600
Out: 250-VRFY
Out: 250-ETRN
Out: 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
Out: 250-8BITMIME
Out: 250-DSN
Out: 250-SMTPUTF8
Out: 250 CHUNKING
In:  MAIL FROM:<*****REDACTED*****@*****REDACTED*****.*****REDACTED*****> SIZE=2218
Out: 250 2.1.0 Ok
In:  RCPT TO:<*****REDACTED*****@*****REDACTED*****.*****REDACTED*****>
Out: 250 2.1.5 Ok
In:  BDAT 2057 LAST
Out: 451 4.3.0 Error: queue file write error
In:  QUIT
Out: 221 2.0.0 Bye

For other details, see the local mail logfile

It doesn't matter what custom score you enter, once you apply the configuration it will kill these connections.

check your journal - it seems pmg-smtp-filter is not running - this is nothing common - there should be a hint in the journal why it is not working

I hope this helps!

check your journal - it seems pmg-smtp-filter is not running - this is nothing common - there should be a hint in the journal why it is not working

I hope this helps!

Hi Stoiko,

It is working except when you apply the newly entered spamassassin custom rules and once you hit apply/restart pmg-filter service it will kill all the current active connections throwing the error i gave in my first message.

it would be nice'r if the connections where not killed but kept active and the services reloaded so all active connections can be handled instead of dropping them.

Can you please share the logs - usually this gets handled gracefully

Yes, would be interested to know, and which Mail direction is affected? Incoming or Outgoing or both?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. We only have this setup as outgoing mail filter. The traffic that is affected is incoming so:
webserver -> proxmox mail gateway -> external receiver.

The connection between the webserver and the proxmox mail gateway gets aborted.
I will try to capture some logs later today or next week.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!