api key

mcncyo

Jan 21, 2022
I got the API key from linnode where and how do I put it?

Loading ACME account details Placing ACME order Order URL: https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/order/306085090/60935616260 Getting authorization details from 'https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/authz-v3/74872318120' The validation for proxmox.home.chrisallen.us is pending! [Thu Feb 3 10:46:49 CST 2022] You didn't specify the Linode v4 API key yet. [Thu Feb 3 10:46:49 CST 2022] Please create your key and try again. [Thu Feb 3 10:46:49 CST 2022] Error add txt for domain:_acme-challenge.proxmox.home.chrisallen.us TASK ERROR: command 'setpriv --reuid nobody --regid nogroup --clear-groups --reset-env -- /bin/bash /usr/share/proxmox-acme/proxmox-acme setup linode_v4 proxmox.home.chrisallen.us' failed: exit code 1

Hey,

Datacenter -> ACME -> Challenge Plugins you should be able to select linode_v4 and put
Code:
LINODE_V4_API_KEY="<API_KEY>"
as API Data.

If that doesn't work, export LINODE_V4_API_KEY="<API_KEY>" before running the setup command it the terminal.

I tried both ways and it doesn't work it gives me this error

loading ACME account details
Placing ACME order
Order URL: https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/order/306085090/60954856580

Getting authorization details from 'https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/authz-v3/74872318120'
The validation for proxmox.home.chrisallen.us is pending!
[Thu Feb 3 12:27:57 CST 2022] Using Linode
sed: -e expression #1, char 61: Invalid preceding regular expression
sed: -e expression #1, char 53: Invalid preceding regular expression
sed: -e expression #1, char 48: Invalid preceding regular expression
sed: -e expression #1, char 37: Invalid preceding regular expression
[Thu Feb 3 12:27:57 CST 2022] Domain does not exist.
[Thu Feb 3 12:27:57 CST 2022] Error add txt for domain:_acme-challenge.proxmox.home.chrisallen.us
TASK ERROR: command 'setpriv --reuid nobody --regid nogroup --clear-groups --reset-env -- /bin/bash /usr/share/proxmox-acme/proxmox-acme setup linode_v4 proxmox.home.chrisallen.us' failed: exit code 1

What is the exact command you are running?

I hit to order certificate page and get it in the next window.

Attachments

• 2022-02-04 09_04_46-.png
    2022-02-04 09_04_46-.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 2022-02-04 09_04_46-.png
    2022-02-04 09_04_46-.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 19
I used LINODE_V4_API_KEY=<API_KEY> without quotes and it worked for me. No spaces anywhere else. No blank line before the export. A single newline at the end. It seems to be extremely picky on what works.

Reactions: Tntdruid
Using
Code:
LINODE_V4_API_KEY=<API_KEY>
works for me to add the TXT record to the DNS (verified on the DNS provider side) however the process fails with multiple sed errors.

Code:
[Thu Mar  9 09:48:58 EST 2023] Using Linode
[Thu Mar  9 09:48:59 EST 2023] Domain resource successfully added.
Add TXT record: _acme-challenge.host.example.com
Sleeping 30 seconds to wait for TXT record propagation
Triggering validation
Sleeping for 5 seconds
[Thu Mar  9 09:49:34 EST 2023] Using Linode
sed: -e expression #1, char 51: Invalid preceding regular expression
Remove TXT record: _acme-challenge.host.example.com
TASK ERROR: validating challenge 'https://acme-staging-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/authz-v3/5656933784' failed - status: invalid

Where the heck does that sed expression come from?

I wanted to post in case someone else runs into this (this post is in the top results for 'Linode Proxmox acme plugin') to say that the sed error is actually a red herring.

If you get this output with the Linode plugin and you can confirm that the TXT record is being created, then the problem is with the Validation Delay configuration on the ACME DNS Plugin. By default when you add the ACME DNS Plugin ('Datacenter' -> 'ACME', under 'Challenge Plugins' there is a 'Validation Delay' value that defaults to 30 seconds. The issue is that Linode is defaulting the TTL of the TXT record to 5 minutes, and so the TXT record isn't actually propagated yet. The dnsapi docs for the Linode plugin have a note about using `dnssleep` to allow propagation, and the equivalent of that in the GUI is the 'Validation Delay' value.

Setting the Validation Delay on the ACME Challenge Plugin to more than the default 300 second TTL should solve this problem. I set mine to 900 per the linked docs and it was more than sufficient.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!