Another GPU passthrough issue

Atbirmenger

Apr 30, 2022
Hey everyone. I have been scouring the forms and reddit for a month now trying to figure out my issues.

First I have a i5-10400f and I am on proxmox 7.1 with the latest PLEX version and I just bought a P600 to fix my issue but now those drivers won't install.

So my problem first started with the iGPU. Whenever I try to transcontinental HDR content it will stop using the gpu and max out the cpu. I have made sure all video files were remuxed and have no burnt in subtitles.
When I couldn't figure it out I decided to buy the P600. But now it won't let me install the drivers stating there is a conflict. I have followed every tutorial on this as well with no luck.

I would like to get the igpu instead of the dedicated GPU as the CPU is more then enough for that I need. But if I can get both to work even better.

I appreciate anyone willing to help me. I have tried and tried and cannot get this to work. Please let me know what logs I need to post to help diagnose this.

When I couldn't figure it out I decided to buy the P600. But now it won't let me install the drivers stating there is a conflict.
It that an NVidia GPU? What PVE kernel version are you using (uname -a)? People have mentions here that NVidia drivers don't work with kernel version 5.15 yet. Maybe you can show the actual error message?
EDIT: Is it passthrough to a VM or are your passing the device to a container? A VM doesn't need drivers on the Proxmox host and more information about the OS inside the VM would help. The VM or container configuration file would might also help.

Last edited:
It that an NVidia GPU? What PVE kernel version are you using (uname -a)? People have mentions here that NVidia drivers don't work with kernel version 5.15 yet. Maybe you can show the actual error message?
EDIT: Is it passthrough to a VM or are your passing the device to a container? A VM doesn't need drivers on the Proxmox host and more information about the OS inside the VM would help. The VM or container configuration file would might also help.
Yes it's a quadro card. I don't have my pc in front of me but last I checked I was on 5.13.19-6. That was as of a day or two ago. I can gran the error message. But from what I remember when I ran the gpu run package I get the nvidia.ko can't be installed. But every other driver has been blacklisted or outright removed.
It's a container. And hasn't worked with any gpu I throw at it

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!